How to Register Complaint | CM Cell Petition Model: If the specific service of the government is not available, the problem can be rectified by submitting a petition to the concerned departmental higher authority. If he also does not take action on your complaint you can complain to the officer above him. For example, if there is no action to lodge a complaint with the Tashildar office, a petition may be filed with the District Collector.
If there is no proper action, the complaint can be made directly to the Chief Minister’s office. It is under the direct supervision of the Chief Minister and the Government guarantees that a solution will be found if your request is valid. You can easily forward your complaint to the Chief Minister’s Department through the website cmcell.tn.gov.in and see the instructions.
How to Register Complaint | CM Cell Petition Model | TN CM Cell | Contact Tamilnadu Chief Minister M. K. Stalin, Online Complaint @cmcell.tn gov portal
After logging in to cmcell.tn.gov.in, the home page `Chief Minister’s Private Internet Request and Maintenance System ‘will appear on the screen. You can choose any language, Tamil or English. By nature it will only be in English. If you want Tamil, you have to click on the ‘Tamil Format’ option.
- First, visit the Chief Minister’s personal website http://cmcell.tn.gov.in/index.php.
- First, click on CM Cell.
- Since this is your first time registering, select New User Registration.
- Fill in all the details asked on this page. That is, you have to fill in all the information like your name, father’s name, gender, date of birth, address, mobile number and email id.
- Note that you must fill in the fields marked *.
- Then press the Save button below.
- The password to login to your account will be sent to the email you entered.
- When you open your email id, you will see the following message. The User ID to log in is your email. The password will be sent to it
How to Register Complaint – CM Cell Petition Model
- Click Log In and enter your email and password and press the Log In button.
- Once you have opened your account, click Request Registration to register a new Complaint.
- The complaint registration page will now open. In it the user profile is taken from the profile information you have already given
- After typing the complaint, press the Save button.
- Once you click on it, a Reference Number will be generated for your Petition. You have now successfully submitted the complaint. Now keep track of your request number.
CM Cell Petition Status
- Login to your account and click on Request Status.
- In the Request Number field, type the number you have marked. Then click Save
- Know the status of your complaint. You can also see it if the Chief Minister replies to you from the private office.
Chief Minister’s Special Cell ,
Chennai – 600 009.
Phone Number : 044 – 2567 1764
Fax Number : 044 – 2567 6929
E-Mail : cmcell AT tn.gov.in
TN CM Cell FAQs
In which languages can I submit grievances?
Complaints can be submitted in Tamil or English.
Can complaints be submitted by post or email?
Yes. Complaints can be sent by post or email
Is it mandatory to register as a new user on the official portal of TN CM Cell?
Yes, it is mandatory to register as a new user on the official portal of CM C Cell to register complaints online.
Can I contact the CM Helpline anytime by dialing 1100?
You can call at any time from 7am to 10pm on Mondays – Sundays, including public holidays
Although there is more than one way to file a complaint to the Chief’s Office, it is best to file a complaint online. Because you can file a complaint online from anywhere in minutes. You can also know the status of the complaint. Take action on your complaint and report it to the leadership unit. So file a complaint with the General Secretariat and resolve your grievances.