RMSA Scheme: Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)

RMSA Scheme: Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), राष्ट्रीय माध्यमिक शिक्षा अभियान (आरएमएसए) क्या है: It is a flagship scheme of the Government of India, which increases access to secondary education and improves its quality. This scheme was launched in March, 2009 with an aim to improve the quality of secondary education. The implementation of the scheme started from 2009-10. The scheme includes multidisciplinary research, technical consultancy, implementation and funding support.

Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) aims to increase the enrollment rate by providing every household with a secondary school within a reasonable distance. It aims to improve the quality of secondary education by making all secondary schools conform to prescribed norms, removing gender, socio-economic and disability barriers and providing universal access to secondary level education.

RMSA Scheme

RMSA Scheme: Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)

Realizing that a good section of the children in the country find it difficult to get secondary education, the Government of India launched the Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan. In future this scheme may be named after former President of India APJ Abdul Kalam. RMSA not only focuses on funding secondary education for children from the backward sections of the society, but also aims to improve facilities like classrooms, laboratories, toilets and provide hostels.

Funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Let us tell you that the Government of India gives 75% of the project funds to each state and each state itself bears the remaining 25% of the funds, although some backward states have to give only 10% of the funds for the project.

Goal And Objectives

  • Establishing Secondary School within a radius of 5kms.
  • Achieving 75% access by 2012-13 and 100% access by 2017-18.
  • Achieving 100% retention by 2020.
  • Providing necessary physical facilities, teaching and non – teaching staff for every secondary school
  • To see that no student shall be deprived of secondary education because of gender disparity, socio economic reasons, disability
  • Improving quality of education imparted at secondary level.
  • Eradicate gender differences.
  • Remove Socio-economic and disability barriers.

Physicalfacilities provided under the RMSA scheme

  • Additional class rooms.
  • Laboratories.
  • Libraries.
  • Toilet blocks.
  • Drinking water provisions .
  • Libraries.
  • Residential Hostels for Teachers in remote areas.

Quality interventions provided under the scheme

  • appointment of additional teachers to reduce PTR to 30:1.
  • focus on Science, Math and English education.
  • In-service training of teachers.
  • Providing science laboratories
  • ICT enabled education.
  • Curriculum reforms.
  • eaching learning reforms.

Equity interventions provided in the scheme.

  • Special focus in micro planning.
  • preference to Ashram schools for upgradation.
  • preference to areas with concentration of SC/ST/Minority for opening of schools.
  • Special enrolment drive for the weaker section .
  • More female teachers in schools.
  • Separate toilet blocks for girls.

Rashtriya Madyamik Shiksha Abhiyan | RMSA | National Mission For Secondary Education

Leave a Comment