TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme 2022 – Tamil Nadu Menstrual Hygiene Program for Women in Urban Areas: Menopause or menopause is a monthly physical change that occurs during a woman’s menstrual cycle. For women, this event takes place three to seven days a month. Most women take 50 ml during menstruation. Lose weight.
In Tamil Nadu, the Menstrual Health Scheme for Adolescents and Mothers is being implemented to improve the health of women during this period. Under this, free sanitary napkins are being provided to school children, students, adolescents and mothers in rural areas.
TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme 2022 – Tamil Nadu Menstrual Hygiene Program for Women in Urban Areas
They are given to female prisoners in prisons and women in mental hospitals. 60.58 crore per annum is allocated for this. It is estimated that about 6 crore napkins will be provided on behalf of the government.
|Name of the scheme||TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Beneficiary||The Government School Girls & the Urban Health Nurses|
|Objective||To provide hygiene life|
|Benefit||Free of cost napkins will be given to the girls belongs to urban areas|
|Budget||Rs. 60.58 crore|
The government has been implementing a program to improve menstrual hygiene among women aged 10-19 years since 2011: it will increase awareness of menstrual hygiene among adolescent girls and lead to increased use of high quality sanitary napkins (sanitary napkins).
Delivery of Pads in Free Sanitary Pad Scheme in Tamil Nadu
- Sanitary pads are to be provided directly to government schools in Tamil Nadu under the free sanitary pad scheme.
- Approval will be sought from the Urban Health Nurse.
- Urban health nurses also visit the ICDS with the Anganwadi staff every Saturday.
- Urban health nurses and anganwadi staff will provide health equipment to girls who are not enrolled in government schools.
TN Free Sanitary Napkin Eligibility Criteria
- Residential details – When the scheme is started in Tamil Nadu, only permanent residents of the state will be eligible for the scheme.
- Income Statement – Women or girls who want to get free sanitary pads, they are required to submit a suitable income statement of their family.
- Age limit– To avail this scheme, a certain age limit has been fixed, according to which it is necessary for women from urban areas to be 10 to 49 years to get free napkins.
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- Income certificate
- Residence certificate
Eligibility Criteria For The TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme
- The scheme is only available to women and they must be permanent residents of the state.
- The family income should not exceed the limit set by the government.
- The program is for women between the ages of 10 and 49.
TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme Features
Main idea of scheme launch –
The main idea of scheme launch is to offer free sanitary pads to women in urban areas.
Beneficiaries of scheme –
Women belonging to rural areas to help them maintain menstrual hygiene.
Napkin free/sanitary pads free/நாப்கின் இலவசம்/menstrual pad/tn govt schemes in tamil/teenage girl
In view of the problems of girls, the Government of Tamil Nadu is implementing a scheme to provide free sanitary napkins to girls between the ages of 10 and 19 in all villages.
Under the scheme, young women will be given three bags twice a month at the rate of one bag containing 6 sanitary napkins each.